[VAIO_PC] How to update installed software/driver to its most current state
- I want to know how to update pre-installed software/drivers or BIOS to its most current state.
Download individually from support page
All VAIO PCs
- Operation method
Download individually from VAIO support page
Please download the update programs from the support page.
The “Support info by product” of support page has info pages by each model, and provide links of update programs released for each model.
Support info by product
- Please note that we cannot support installation of update programs that are not publicized in support page, because we have not validated them.
- VAIO Corp’s VAIO does not have update software such as VAIO Update, which was pre-installed in Sony’s VAIO. We only publicize update programs in Support info by product pages.
- Update program may not be downloaded properly when using security app.
- If the download was unsuccessful, stop the app, and then try re-downloading.
- Please refer to each app’s manuals or help to learn how to stop.
- Ex：“Internet security reinforcing app”, “Antivirus app”, “Internet accelerating app”, etc.
- Update program may not be downloaded properly when connecting at company or school LAN environment.
- Try changing the internet environment, such as connecting from different location, and then try re-downloading.
- Please download update program into folder named only in alphabets and numbers. Update cannot be performed if the name contains symbols or space.
- Once downloaded, right click the file, select [Property] from the displayed menu, and check its size. If the size is different from what is noted in the download page, please re-download.