Internet Time Server and Synchronization
Error message : “An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with time.windows.com”
How to Synchronize clock to The Internet Time Server
VAIO PC General
This article will assist you with synchronizing the Windows 10 clock with the time server on the internet. In some cases you may not be able to automatically sync to the internet time server. This article will assist with a workaround.
Table of Contents
1.Make sure you are connected to the internet.
In some cases due to system and administrative limitations you may not be able to sync to the internet time server. In this case please see your system administrator.
*Step 1* Make sure you are connected to the internet.
1. Open window in Internet Explorer if a web page appears you are connected to the internet. If not check internet connection and try again.
*Step 2* Change synchronization
1. Open Control Panel
2. Access Clock, Language, Region located in the Control Panel menu
4. Click on “Internet Time” tab.
5. Select “Change Settings”
6. Make sure “Synchronize with an internet time server”
7. Left click on “Server” drop-box select on of the servers that are listed. After making a selection and clicking okay you should be able to successfully sync with a
No further work is required.
Certain security software can block time sync requests, please consult the “help” section of your security software if you believe this to be the case.