- Program Name:
- 「Intel ME Firmware Ver.126.96.36.19961」Update Program
- Software ID:
- Applicable models:
- Applicable OS:
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- Applicable ME Firmware Version:
- When there is a character string other than ”188.8.131.5261” in the ME Firmware version column.
【How to check ME Firmware version】• With the VAIO powered off, hold down the F3 or F4 key and press the power button.
※For the VJA121 * / VJPA11 * series, press the power button while holding down the + side or – side of the VOL (volume control) button.
“VAIO Rescue Mode” screen will appear.
• Select [Launch BIOS Setting］.
• BIOS setup menu will appear, so please check “ME Version” in “System Information”
• Be sure to apply the following program together with this program.
”Intel ME SW Update Ver. 18184.108.40.2067” Update Program
• Disable or temporarily suspend device or drive encryption (BitLocker, etc.).
• Be sure to connect the AC adapter and power cord to the device.
• Remove all peripheral devices.
• Please sign in to Windows as “Computer Administrator” or “Administrator”.
• The user name must be registered with half-width alphanumeric characters. Please create a new account with half-width alphanumeric user name, if double-byte characters or half-width spaces are used for the user name.
• Close all running applications.
• Temporarily stop the resident software such as antivirus software.
• Make settings that do not enter Standby, Sleep, or Hibernate mode during update.
• Do not turn off the power while updating.
• If the “User Account Control” or “Open File – Security Warning” dialog box appears at the time of work, please check the contents and continue the operation as displayed on the screen.
• Please check the applicable models. If you apply this update program to another model by mistake, updating will fail or malfunction will occur.
- Issue to be solved:
- Improved stability of motion.
- How to apply the program:
- 1. Close all applications running on Windows
- 2. Open the [PC (computer)] – [Local disk (C:)] – [Update] folder (the folder where you downloaded the file) and double-click the [SP000291.exe] file.
- 3. After download is completed, dialog will appeared then by clicking OK button it will automatically shuts down.
- How to confirm completion of the program:
- 1. With the VAIO powered off, hold down the F3 or F4 key and press the power button
※For the VJA121 * / VJPA11 * series, press the power button while holding
- 2. When the [VAIO Rescue Mode] screen appears, select [Start BIOS Setting] or [Display BIOS Setting Menu].
- 3. If the ME Version is displayed as 220.127.116.1161 in the System Information field, it has been successfully updated.
- Download procedure:
- 1. Prepare a folder to store the downloaded file.
In this explanation, it will be a folder named “Update” created on the C drive.
*Please use only single-byte alphanumeric characters for the folder’s name.
If you use double-byte characters, half-width spaces, special characters, etc., the program cannot be executed correctly.
- 2. Confirm the “Software License Agreement”, click the [Agree and Download] button, and download the update program to the folder created in 1.
- 3. After downloading the program, apply the program by referring to the above “Program application procedure”.
- 4. After applying the update program, delete the “Update” folder created in 1.
To view the END-USER LICENSE USER AGREEMENT FOR VAIO SOFTWARE please click the link below.
Please use “Microsoft Edge” or “Internet Explorer” to download the file.
In browsers other than the above the file may not download properlyBy downloading this file you are agreeing to the terms put forth in the END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT for VAIO SOFTWARE
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR VAIO SOFTWARE