- Program Name:
- VJS112*, VJS132* [BIOS R0390K9] Update Program
- Software ID:
- Applicable models:
- Applicable OS:
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- Applicable BIOS Version:
- When there is a character string other than “R 0390 K 9” in the BIOS version column
【How to check the BIOS version】
- With the VAIO powered off, hold down the F3 or F4 key and press the power button. The “VAIO Rescue Mode” screen will appear.
- Select [Launch BIOS Settings].
- BIOS setup menu will appear, so please check “BIOS Version” in “System Information”.
- Disable or temporarily suspend drive encryption (BitLocker, etc.).
- Be sure to connect the AC adapter and power cord to the device.
- Remove all peripheral devices.
- Please sign in to Windows as “Computer Administrator” or “Administrator” user.
- The user name must be registered with single-byte alphanumeric characters. If you are using double-byte or single-byte space in the user name, please create a new account with single-byte alphanumeric user name.
- Please close all running applications.
- Please temporarily stop the resident software such as antivirus software.
[Windows 10] How to terminate/stop resident application
- Please make sure not to enter standby, sleep, hibernate state during update.
- Do not turn off the power while updating.
- If “User Account Control” or “Open File – Security Warning” dialog box appears, please check the contents and continue the operation as indicated.
- Please check the applicable model. If you apply this update program to another model by mistake, updating will fail or malfunction will occur.
- Problems to be solved.
- Fixed the problem that the built-in keyboard might not work on the BIOS screen (VAIO rescue mode/BIOS Password/HDD Password/BIOS Setup / BitLocker PIN input screen etc.).
- How to apply the program:
- Close all applications running on Windows.
- Open [PC (computer)] – [Local disk (C:)] – [Update] folder (folder where you downloaded the file) and double-click the [SP000298.exe] file.
- “User Account Control” will appear, so select [Yes].
- The “Caution” screen will appear, so please check the contents and press the [OK] button
- The dialog box of “VAIO Firmware Update Tool 184.108.40.20620” will appear, so please check the contents of “Please read” and select “Update”.
6. The message “Shut down and start reboot: Do you want to update VAIO firmware?” will appear, so select [OK]. The update will start after restart. It automatically shuts down when the update is completed.
o Rebooting when updating the BIOS and shutting down at the end are done automatically. Please do not perform operation etc. until the update is completed.
- This completes the procedure.
- How to confirm completion of the program:
- 1. Close all applications running on Windows.
2. Open [PC (computer)] – [Local disk (C:)] – [Update] folder (folder where you downloaded the file) and double-click the [SP000298.exe] file.
3. “Please note: For customers using encryption software” will appear, so select [OK].
4. If the message “VAIO firmware is the latest version. There is no need to update” appears, it has been updated properly.
- Download procedure:
- 1. Prepare a folder to store the downloaded file.
In this explanation, it will be a folder named “Update” created on the C drive.
*Please use only single-byte alphanumeric characters for the folder’s name.
If you use double-byte characters, half-width spaces, special characters, etc., the program cannot be executed correctly.
- 2. Confirm the “Software License Agreement”, click the [Agree and Download] button, and download the update program to the folder created in 1.
- 3. After downloading the program, apply the program by referring to the above “Program application procedure”.
- 4. After applying the update program, delete the “Update” folder created in 1.
To view the END-USER LICENSE USER AGREEMENT FOR VAIO SOFTWARE please click the link below.
Please use “Microsoft Edge” or “Internet Explorer” to download the file.
In browsers other than the above the file may not download properly By downloading this file you are agreeing to the terms put forth in the END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT for VAIO SOFTWARE
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR VAIO SOFTWARE