Hello Camera Firmware Ver.0010/0016” Update Program
※ Only for models with a camera that supports Windows Hello Face Authentication.
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
- Camera functions added to “VAIO Control Center” by applying this program will result in unintended images unless all related programs are applied, so please be sure to apply the related update programs below.
VJS124*, VJS144*, VJPJ21*, VJPK21* “BIOS R0220ST” Update Program
VJZ141*, VJZ142*, VJPZ11* “BIOS R1100ZS” Update Program
“Hello Camera Driver Ver. 184.108.40.206” Update Program
“VAIO Firmware Extension Parser Driver Ver.220.127.116.1190” Update Program
“VAIO Control Center Ver.2.2.18240.0”
※”VAIO Control Center” will be automatically updated from the Microsoft Store when connected to the internet after the “VAIO Firmware Extension Parser Driver Ver. 18.104.22.16890” update program is applied.
- This program is dedicated firmware for models with cameras that support Windows Hello Face Authentication.
- Before applying this program, be sure to close all applications that use the camera.
- If the camera is disabled in the BIOS Settings, enable it.
- In Windows OS, open [Settings]-[Privacy (or [Privacy and Security] for Windows 11]-[Camera] screen and turn the settings to “ON” for “Camera access for this device (access to camera)”, “Allow the app to access the camera (give app the access to the camera)”, and “Allow the desktop app to access the camera”.
[VAIO_PC] Allow the app to use the camera and microphone
- Always restart your PC after applying this program
- Disconnect all peripherals.
- Please sign into Windows as “Computer Administrator” or “Administrator” user.
- The username must be registered with single-byte alphanumeric characters. If you are using double-byte or single-byte space as the username, please create a new account with single-byte alphanumeric username.
- Make sure that your PC is not set to go into standby, sleep, or hibernation mode while updating.
- Do not turn off the power while updating.
- If the “User Account Control” or “Open File – Security Warning” dialog appears, please check the contents, and continue the operation as indicated.
- Check the applicable model. If you apply this program to other models by mistake, updating will fail or malfunction will occur.
Functions to be added
- Add setting items to “VAIO Control Center” that allows various corrections to be made to camera images.
Refer to the following page for more information.
Issues to be resolved
- This version also includes fixes for the following issue that was fixed in previous version.
- Makes the captured image brighter overall.
1. Prepare a folder to store the downloaded file. In this explanation, we will use a folder named “Update” created on C Drive.
*Please use only single-byte alphanumeric characters for the folder’s name. If you use double-byte characters, single-byte spaces, special characters, etc., the program cannot be executed correctly.
2. Confirm the “Software License Agreement”, click the [Agree and Download] button, and download the update program to the folder created in Step 1.
3. After downloading the program, apply the program by referring to the “How to apply the program” above.
4. After applying the update program, delete the “Update” folder created in Step 1.
How to apply the program
1. Close all applications running on Windows.
2. Open the [PC (Computer)] – [Local Disk (C:)] – [Update] folder (the folder where you downloaded the file) and double-click the [SP000505.exe] file.
3. The following dialog will appear, so confirm the content and click [OK].
4. When the User Account Control screen appears, click [Yes].
5. The following screen will appear and will begin applying the program.
6.If the following dialog appears, the update has been successfully completed. Click [OK].
7.Restart your PC.
This completes all procedures.
How to confirm that the program has been applied
- Open “Device Manager”.
- Double click [Cameras].
- Double click [Front Camera].
- Properties will appear, so click the [Details] tab.
- Select [Hardware Ids] from the [Property] pull-down list.
- If the “Value” contains “&REV_0010” or “&REV_0016”, the update has been successful.
This completes all procedures.
1. Prepare a folder to store the downloaded file.
In this explanation, it will be a folder named “Update” created on the C drive.
*Please use only single-byte alphanumeric characters for the folder’s name.
If you use double-byte characters, half-width spaces, special characters, etc., the program cannot be executed correctly.
2. Confirm the “Software License Agreement”, click the [Agree and Download] button, and download the update program to the folder created in 1.
3. After downloading the program, apply the program by referring to the above “Program application procedure”.
4. After applying the update program, delete the “Update” folder created in 1.
To view the END-USER LICENSE USER AGREEMENT FOR VAIO SOFTWARE please click the link below.
Please use “Microsoft Edge” or “Internet Explorer” to download the file.
In browsers other than the above the file may not download properlyBy downloading this file you are agreeing to the terms put forth in the END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT for VAIO SOFTWARE
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR VAIO SOFTWARE